2013, what a year! Being the Instagram fan girl that I am, I was able to look back on the year & gather up a treasure trove of rich visual memories from my Instagram profile feed! Here are some of my favourite moments from the past year…
- 1st meal of the year – familiar favourites at Tropika Aberdeen, now closed for good.
- Beluga Encounter at the Vancouver Aquarium – an amazing hands-on experience feeding & petting the cute beluga whales!
- Visited the Seattle Aquarium for my birthday
- Became the foursquare mayor of 2 Bikram Yoga Vancouver studios
- Surprise office delivery: a gorgeous bouquet at my desk for Valentine’s Day
- Fun family getaway to Victoria BC
- New additions to my Naver LINE Brown & Cony plush family!
- Started on my 1st ever MOOC – a Gamification course offered by UPenn x Coursera
- Found & photographed a fascinating fairy tale house in Vancouver
- Savoured cute & delicious macarons at the Sakura Days Japan Fair
- Participated in the Vancouver Sun Run for the 6th consecutive year (1:23:20)
- Discovered & started on Postcrossing & postcard collecting
- Visited the EMP Museum in Seattle
- Rode the Amtrak for the 1st time, on a solo day trip to Seattle – just for fun!
- Start of my “mini pfamily” collection – mini Naver LINE Brown & Cony plushes!
- Attended my very 1st Bard on the Beach play
- Received a sweet autographed copy of “What’s In Your Heart” – my longtime Instagram friend @inesbyao‘s 2nd published book
- Transferred to a new office, & became the Lead of a new team!
- Awesome vacation in Singapore with transit in Shanghai, China
- New Android phone: Huawei Ascend G510 (for use in Singapore)
- New iOS phone: iPhone 5S
- Painted my 1st canvas art piece at Raw Canvas
- Won a Plush Owly from HootSuite with this contest entry
- Ate a ramen burger & got featured in the Vancouver Sun
- Started volunteer feature contribution for online Vancouver magazine Hello Vancity
- Attended my 1st media event: Leonidas Vancouver’s 2nd Anniversary party
- Received a delicious subscription Snackbox
- Enrolled in HootSuite University
- Made my 1st publicly shared YouTube video
- Attended a handful of interesting & educational events, talks, & conferences
- Tried Moroccan cuisine for the 1st time!
- Blog post about TELUS’ Twitter-activated vending machine received record high page views
- Holiday parties: Cadillac Fairview office tenant party, work party, Willingdon Church concert & dinner party, “Stealing Santa” mini office party
- Christmas feasting & gifts
- Annual Festival of Lights at VanDusen Gardens
Since year-end photo slideshows are all the rage now, here’s one I made with the Flipagram app:
For snapshot metrics lovers, Statigram also offers a beautiful auto-generated summary of your top 5 moments on Instagram (based on number of Likes received):
For those of you active on Twitter, Vizify offers a short video summarizing your year on Twitter, including interesting stats like when you tweeted, who your top 3 followers were, your “Golden” (most popular) tweet, and options to further customize your video before sharing. Currently, there is no way for you to save the video or share it on your blog / website via direct embed, so here is a workaround – an embedded tweet containing the shared video:
Danielle K (@whythisbox) January 02, 2014
Here’s wishing all of you an awesome new year 2014!! 😀