If you are a LINE messenger app fan who lives in North America (like me), you may wonder how you can get your hands on the region-locked LINE stickers that are often only available to LINE users in Asia.
Here is a quick & easy step-by-step guide that will show you how you can use VPN to access these region-locked LINE stickers.
- First, link your LINE account with your Facebook. (Settings > Accounts > Facebook > Link)
- Make sure to do this so that you do not wind up losing any of your existing account data (such as friends list, profile info, purchased stickers etc).
- Uninstall LINE from your phone.
- Sign up for a VPN service.
- A good one I use is SurfEasy.com – they provide 500MB/ month of free data, more than enough to download a couple of new sticker packs every now & then.
- Download the SurfEasy VPN app & log in to your account.
- Select the Settings icon in the top left corner and tap ‘Select Region’.
- Tap ‘Singapore’ & ‘Install Profile’ when prompted.
- Currently Singapore is the only Asian country supported by SurfEasy VPN. If you are using another VPN service, you may have access to other countries.
- Go to the app store to download & reinstall LINE.
- Sign in using Facebook.
- Navigate to the Sticker Shop (More > Sticker Shop) and you will now see the stickers available for Singapore.
- Download away!
Hope this helps! Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions. Happy LINE messaging!